This is the sixth weekly progress report of my Outreachy internship with Mixxx DJ.
- I got feedback for Pull request #337. I am required to arrange the descriptions in the order that the headphone and master mix controls appear in the screenshots (left>right). I asked for clarification on this task before I could tackle it, so I think this will be finished next week. In the meantime, I edited the description for channel faders and level meters and committed it.
- I am still working out a proper arrangement for the Record/ Broadcast your mix chapter. https://github.com/mixxxdj/manual/issues/335 This is still in the works, so, perhaps I will finalize on this next week.
- I wrote a script for the “How to download and Install Mixxx” video tutorial, as well as the sequence that I will be following. I haven’t gotten around to recording this yet (as I’m still planning), so this video will be done early next week once I’ve figured out exactly how to go about it.
- I lost a day or two to really bad internet. Either that or the Ugandan government has already started limiting certain Google applications. This usually happens as we near the Presidential elections. Here is a recent article about this. https://www.reuters.com/article/uganda-election-social-media/uganda-orders-all-social-media-to-be-blocked-letter-idUSL1N2JN0SH . I couldn’t use Youtube (for research purposes) and at a certain point, I had no network bars completely, for a full day.
- So most of this past week’s work was about research and planning.
- Next week, I plan to record at least three video tutorials for the “Create video tutorials” project. This will be my main priority for this week.
- I will open a pull request for issue #335
- And if time allows, I will make at least one addition to the Cookbook, or at least start a different conversation about it.