This is the second of many weekly progress reports that I will be publishing for the duration of my Outreachy internship with Mixxx DJ.
- I made a pull request #322. (https://github.com/mixxxdj/manual/pull/322) in response to this (issue) [https://github.com/mixxxdj/manual/issues/157]. I added missing documentation about importing rekordbox libraries from rekordbox prepared devices into Mixxx. This is still in review.
- I made my first YouTube Mixxx tutorial titled “Getting Started”. I posted the video in the chat, and got feedback from some of the other contributors. I plan to record another video, and make some adjustments this time (based on the feedback that I got from the first.)
- Currently working on https://github.com/mixxxdj/manual/issues/289 – which is moving the Standard effects mapping documentation to the manual.
- I lost a day of work to correcting git errors while making the pull request #322.
- I lost a day or two as well to re-recording the video tutorial and editing. I had recorded my voice and my computer screen at the same time, but that wasn’t working out too well. I later on decided to record my screen and voice separately and then merge the two in the final video.
- So this week, I plan to make another recording for “Getting Started with Mixxx DJ” with the suggested edits. and then make a PR for https://github.com/mixxxdj/manual/issues/289 and https://github.com/mixxxdj/manual/issues/320. I will also finalize the list of recipes to publish for the cookbook.