This is the first of many weekly progress reports that I will be doing for the duration of my Outreachy internship with Mixxx DJ.
- I submitted Pull request #313 (https://github.com/mixxxdj/manual/pull/313#pullrequestreview-543022384) in response to this (issue) [https://github.com//issues/272]. I added the base commands for each platform (MacOS, Windows and Linux) onto the which the command-line options can be appended.
- Currently working on https://github.com/mixxxdj/manual/issues/157 – which is documenting the Rekordbox library import. I had run into a slight problem with pulling the latest changes made by (@hannydevelop) on “Using the Serato library” but @Holzhaus helped me finally figure it out. It took me longer than I expected but I hope to have made a PR for this issue by the end of today.
- I have also been working on my first video tutorial on “Getting started with Mixxx”. The plan is to make it then share the link in the chat so that I can get feedback, before I make the final. This is my first time making a YouTube tutorial, so it’s taking me a little bit of time. I wanted to record my voice as I made the tutorial but I faced some difficulty doing both at the same time (focusing on the script and my actions at the same time). So I have decided to try making the video first, then recording my voice in the video after.
- Lost a day of work (maybe two) to the last two issues.
- I’m thinking of a proper way to start working on the cookbook. I will need to consult on this – whether it should be in GitHub pages, a GitHub repo with .rst files (like the manual) or….. a simple website or…. something else.